The opportunities in agriculture are enormous. By working with startups and technologies through mentoring relationships, speaking engagements, and office hours you can help shape the way food, fuel, and fiber are produced and consumed around the world.
AgLaunch is looking for people with a positive attitude and a willingness to share personal experience and knowledge of the ag industry to serve as Cultivator Mentors. Cultivator Mentors work with entrepreneurs and startups with ag innovations. They act as a coach by investing time and effort and sharing expertise and/or connections to help bring new technologies to market.
As a Cultivator Mentor you will:
- Spend two to five hours a month (more if you would like) working with startup teams, particularly during the AgLaunch365 program;
- Participate in networking events as you can;
- Only assist where you are have expertise;
- Be represented on the website with a headshot and professional bio; and
- Use sound business judgment to maintain the confidentiality of all teams and organizations and provide expertise to the startups involved in AgLaunch’s work.
If you are interested in serving as a Cultivator Mentor, download the mentor agreement
and send the completed agreement along with a biography and headshot to Margaret Oldham at email@example.com
. The next dates for the 1 hour orientation webinar for new mentors are Thursday, October 26 at 9am and Monday, November 13 at 10am.
AgLaunch™ accelerates new innovations in food and agriculture. The organization addresses global issues while creating local opportunities in the Mid-South. AgLaunch connects agricultural researchers, entrepreneurs, farmers, investors, corporations and nonprofit organizations to address real farm and supply chain needs.